A four star hotel beside Madrid’s Puerta del Sol
The Hotel Quatro Puerta del Sol is a hotel right in the centre of Madrid, at close proximity to Puerta del Sol, Paseo del Prado, Alcalá and Madrid’s Gran Vía. Visiting the city on foot is a breeze from the hotel: the Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza and Reina Sofía museums, as well as the Royal Palace and the Opera Theatre, the Botanical Gardens, the monuments of Cibeles and Puerta de Alcalá, and the Congreso de los Diputados (parliament) are very nearby and within easy reach.
Would you like to go for tapas? The well-known La Latina district, famous for its tapas bars, is also just a short walk from the hotel, as are the markets of San Miguel, San Antón and Fuencarral, where you can enjoy a glass of wine served with a delicious portion of Iberico ham. Don’t miss out on a visit to the Rastro (only on Sundays), a prime example of Madrid life.
- Latitude: 40.417058 (40° 25′ 1.41″ N)
- Longitude: -3.700015 (3° 42′ 0.05″ W)
How do you get there from the airport?
- By car: on the M-40, follow signs for the A-3 and A-4 (Valencia and Andalusia). Take the exit for Vicálvaro- O’Donnell. At the roundabout, continue in the direction of O’Donnell until you reach Calle de Alcalá. Go straight along Calle de Alcalá until you reach Calle Sevilla, the last street before Puerta del Sol, on the left.
- By metro: take the metro at the airport and go to Sevilla station, 50 metres from the hotel, or Puerta del Sol station, 2 minutes’ walk.
- By bus: the “Airport bus” departs from the terminals every 15 minutes. It is quick and comfortable, with room for luggage. The journey takes 20-25 minutes, and the nº 204 goes to the station on Avenida de América, where you’ll have to take the metro to Sevilla station. There are also various city buses which take you to the vicinity of the hotel, such as the 1, 2, 5, 51, 147 and the 150, towards Puerta del Sol.
- By train: Atocha station is 1.9km from the hotel. You can get there by metro, bus and taxi, or if you prefer, walking, which takes 20 minutes.
- Nearest metro station.Sevilla metro station: Line 2, fifty metres from the hotel Puerta del Sol, and lines 1, 2 and 3 are just two minutes’ walk away.